Your information, privacy and cookies
and is presented by Searsons Family Funeral Services, Portsmouth, Hampshire, United Kingdom.
We are dedicated to safeguarding and preserving your privacy when visiting our site or communicating electronically with us.
Your privacy is fundamentally important to us, and we have a few main principles that guide us:
- We don't ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
- We don't share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
- We don't store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of one of our services.
- In our service, we aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what’s visible to the public, seen by search engines, kept private, and permanently deleted.
- If the processing of personal data is necessary and there is no statutory basis for such processing, we would generally obtain consent from the data subject.
- The processing of personal data, such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, or telephone number shall always be in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Name and Address of the controller
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) our Data Controller is:
Name: Mr Andrew Searson
Phone: 023 9247 7190
Email: SEND EMAIL
Information We Collect
In operating our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason. (see personally identifying information below)
Such information will not identify you personally to us - it is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our website. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever about you as an individual.
This website may collect a series of general data and information when you access the website. This general data and information are stored in the server log files. Collected data may include (a)the browser types and versions used, (b) the operating system used by the accessing system, (c) the website from which an accessing system reaches our website (so-called referrers), (d) the sub-websites, (e) the date and time of access to the internet site, (f) an Internet protocol address (IP address), (g) the Internet service provider of the accessing system.
Our only purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how our visitors use our website. From time to time, we may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of our website.
You may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies through our website by means of a corresponding setting of the Internet browser used, and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. PLEASE NOTE however that some parts of this website may not function as expected if you choose to reject all cookies.
Gathering of Personally Identifying Information
This website may contain contact forms that enable electronic contact with ourselves. If so, we apply the same principles of the GDRP in protecting any data you willingly submit to us.
If you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, the personal data transmitted by you is automatically stored. Such personal data transmitted on a voluntary basis by you are stored for the purpose of processing or contacting you. There is no transfer of this personal data to third parties.
Routine erasure and blocking of personal data
The data controller shall process and store your personal data only for the period necessary to achieve the purpose of storage, or as far as this is granted by the European Legislator or other Legislators in laws or regulations to which the controller is subject to.
Use of Your Information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our products or services. To provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such information.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
- Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals but we may, on occasion, provide third parties with aggregate statistical information about our visitors.
Storing Your Personal Data
- Data that is provided may be stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any financial transactions entered into on our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
- The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- We acknowledge that all individuals have the right to access the personal information/data that we maintain about them. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data, should direct their enquiry to the data controller named above on this page. If we receive a request to remove data, we will respond within a reasonable time-frame.
This website is not structured, nor intended, to provide services for any children. Accordingly, we do not knowingly solicit or collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 13 years of age.
Disclosing Your Information
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or providing services to you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
- Where applicable, we may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- To assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
Third Party Links
You may find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Website Analytics and Tracking
Our website uses two tracking systems which monitor how pages are viewed, how they may be found, and may record data about how long a particular user is viewing our web pages. The information collected does not include personal identifying information, or any sensitive personal data. Non personal data collected by either of these tracking systems is for our internal use only. The information collected is used to improve our website usability and is stored and used for aggregated and statistical reporting.
This "tracking software" is provided by Google and StatCounter, neither of which will store any personal identifying information about YOU. However, because we have no control over either of these professional bodies, you may wish to view their own independent privacy and cookie policies.
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated in May 2018.